Friday, May 20, 2011

Talking the Walk

So I've been up here nearly a week, and the most common emotion I've felt? BOREDOM! Strange right? I mean I'm in one of the most exciting cities on the planet, in a hot bed of artistic endeavors and yet more often then not I've just been chilling and enjoying a little vacation time. Oh, and writing a meaningless blog that no one's reading.

Here's what I've decided. One: This is an expensive city. I've already made a hefty investment just to stay here, much less attend the certification. Food will clean you out in a hurry, so you've got to be careful you don't run out of money! Two: Sometimes I have expectations of things that exceed their ability.

This is often something that happens (to me at least): Perception surpasses reality. I have a tendency to build things up in my head and expect them to be non-stop action adreneline rushes that stimulate the mind and soul in an explosive manner. But here's the reality of New York City: it is exactly what you make it. Simply being somewhere doesn't make life more interesting. You've got to step out and take some risks and enjoy some adventures. And even living in the space station won't wake you up every day feeling like you're living on the edge. Bottom line? Get out there and do something! Which I am doing today. Gonna hit the natural history museum, then the TKTS booth to try and grab some cheap tickets to see Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. Very excited to watch Robin Williams try his hand at something a little darker.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading your blog! Keep it up so I'll know what you're up to while you're gone. Also, I would love you forever if you went to the Met and texted me some pics of the Alexander McQueen exhibit :)

    ReplyDelete