Monday, May 16, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plan

In order to keep track of everything that happens on this wild and crazy trip, I've decided to start blogging. Hopefully I will update every day with interesting stories, but there's no promises. Anyway, here's a little post to commemorate my first night!

I had a thought on the plane ride here. Actually, I had several but that's not the point. Ever wonder why on earth they're so stingy with the snacks? I mean plenty of airlines charge for wifi, all of them charge to check bags, and every last one costs an arm and a leg to actually get on...DESPITE being a dangerous form of transportation. And STILL they skimp on the snacks! Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of injustices in the world that are far greater than a lack of snacks, but the fact that Delta wants to pretend like its offering snacks when its really offering a bit and a gulp is kind of offensive. Part of me wants to lead an uprising on the plane to take over the snack cart! FREE SNACKS AND COKE FOR EVERYONE!!!!

But, given the fact that I just said "plane" and "uprising" in the same sentence, I'm now on some government watch list. But hey, now that you've visited this website, SO ARE YOU!!!

Seriously though, I'm glad to have been on a plane ride where everyone just minded their own business and behaved. Heck, even the babies on board were quiet! (At least until we landed. Then all hell broke loose.) I've read too many stories about crazy Americans doing stupid things on planes to really feel the need to lead a snack-fueled rebellion. So through rain and fog, on wing and wind, I have arrived in the Mecca of theatre to begin my adventures and prepare for my internship with the immaculate Catherine Fitzmaurice. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment